Supports the employer to meet the legislative health requirements.
All our health surveillance is carried out by competent practitioners; thus complying with health, safety and government legislative requirements. We offer recall and review systems and provide interpretation, reports and appropriate advice to management. Health surveillance is a requirement under the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health regulations 2002.
Pre-employment health assessments
Purpose – “primarily to assess fitness for the job”
Base-line assessment provides a documentary record of a prospective employee’s health on commencing employment.
It also identifies any health conditions that may be covered under the Equality Act 2010, allowing you to protect your employees from situations that may cause harm, whilst identifying if only reasonable adjustments are required.
Face-to-face or paper screening pre-employment health assessments are advised for prospective employees who will undertake risk critical jobs or are exposed to hazards at work.
- Respiratory sensitizers
- Skin sensitizers
- Biological hazards.
Paper screening, with follow-up telephone or personal interview (if required), by an Occupational Health Professional is suitable for many working environments.
Surveillance and screening includes:
- Assessment of lead workers
- Radiation medicals
- Asbestos medicals
- Hearing assessments – related to exposure to noise at work
- Lung function – testing for workers exposed to substances that can cause harm
- Hand arm vibration (HAVS) assessment for those employees who use vibrating tools
- Skin assessments – to detect skin problems associated with exposure to chemicals and solvents at work
- Night worker assessments
- Fork lift truck drivers assessments
- Vocational drivers (including heavy good vehicles (HGV)/ private vehicle contractors (PCV)
- Video display unit (VDU) vision for individuals who work regularly with computers.
- Breathing apparatus health assessments
- Confined space health assessments
- Working at heights assessments
- Drug/alcohol screening
- Blood pressure
- Weight, waist and body mass index (BMI)
- Vision colour screen
- Blood tests for screening and biological hazards
- Private vehicle contractors (PVC), larger goods vehicles (LGV), heavy good vehicles (HGV), vocational drivers
Surveillance can be carried out either at our site in Wigston of if you would prefer on Site. A site visit can have the added advantage of:
- Reducing the cost
- Minimise the amount of time an employee is away from the workplace
- Less disruption to productivity
- Efficient way to get a group of individuals tested in one go