A vaccination programme to fit in with your hazards and policies. Assesses employees’ needs for business trips.
If after carrying out your own risk assessment a hazard has been identified, we can offer a vaccination programme to fit in with your own policies and procedures for biological exposure, especially as GPs now do not offer vaccinations to their patients if their exposure is considered to be work related.
Our Occupational Health Advisers are able to offer each employee advice on reducing their risk of exposure and action to take if an exposure occurs.
Some occupations such as:
- Laboratory workers
- Care workers
- Professions dealing with human tissue and/or blood products
- Employees working with raw or untreated sewage, or outdoor water that carries a biological risk of infection to the employee
Your employees may also need to be protected from infections such as Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B and TB.
- Hepatitis A: Two injections are given 6 – 12 months apart. A booster dose is offered after 10 years.
- Hepatitis B: Three injections are given over a period of 2-9 months, followed by a blood test to confirm immunity. A booster dose is offered after 5 years.
- TB: Contact us for more information.